What are cookies?
collect information. Cookies are small data files which are placed
on your computer or other devices (such as smart 'phones or
tablets') as you browse this website. They are used to 'remember'
when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are
essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help
you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products
and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites
Some cookies collect information about browsing and
purchasing behaviour when you access this website with the same
computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed,
products purchased and your journey around the website. We don't
monitor your browsing and purchasing behaviour.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when
you access our websites are designed by:
- Dixons Carphone PLC, or on behalf of and subsidiaries of Dixons
Carphone PLC, and are necessary to let you make purchases on our
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes;
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf
of Dixons Carphone PLC.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our
websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site
- For Dixons Carphone PLC to market to you, particularly web
banner advertisements and targeted updates
- To let Dixons Carphone PLC to collect information about your
browsing and shopping patterns; including to monitor the success of
campaigns, competitions ect.
- To let Dixons Carphone PLC meet its contractual obligations to
make payments to third parties when you purchase a product visiting
our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your
website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this
will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to
disable cooies for the most popular browsers are set out
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under "Privacy and Security," click "Content Settings"
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Wesite Data"
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" the "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files > Preferences
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on whick cookies you disable, but in general
the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented
from making purchases on our websites. If you disable all cookies,
you won't be able to complete a purchase on our
To find out everything about how we protect your